Self-Directed learning and education are NOT a few things we need to cover.
If you want to learn more about what Self-Directed learning IS, please check out the blog post linked here!
If you’re still here, I’ll assume you know what Self-Directed learning is and we are ready to chat about what it isn’t!
Here are 5 Myths about Self-Directed learning/education: in no particular order of importance or frequency.
- Myth: “Isn’t it just a big free-for-all?”
- Myth: “Kids from a place like this won’t be ready for the ‘real’ world.”
- Myth: “Kids from a place like this ‘fall behind’ on content.”
- Myth: “This is just a trend, it won’t last.”
- Myth: “If Kids aren’t forced to go to class, they will just play all day.”
Let’s chat about these 5 today and another 5 next time!
Please feel free to reach out and ask us about any you have heard of! We’ll happily debunk those too.
Continue reading “5 Myths about Self-directed learning: Debunked!”